Sri Lanka has a growing economy based on agricultural products like tea, rubber and coconuts, as well as textiles and gemstones. In 2006, the Sri Lankan GDP grew 7.4% to reach the US equivalent of $27.4 billion.
- 1 Sri Lanka visa application form
- Your US passport, which must have a blank page and at least 6 months left before it expires.
- 2-passport-sized photos
- A copy of your round-trip itinerary
- A business letter of responsibility from your sponsor. The letter must provide the nature of your business, the purpose of your trip, the name of your contact and the length of your stay and promise financial support for you while you are in Sri Lanka.
- Your sponsor in Sri Lanka also needs to send a fax to the Sri Lankan Embassy in Washington, DC to confirm the details of your trip.
- You will be required to show proof of a yellow fever vaccination if you are arriving from an area in which the disease is present.